Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little of this, a little of that...

So when you don't post for a month, and then upload your camera and have 70 pictures to choose from...where do I start?  January is by far the longest month of the year so I am glad we are almost through it!  We've stayed busy playing cars, potty-training, BYU basketball, playing play-dough, peek-a-boo, and reading stories.  That about sums up our days.  Here's some pictures to go with it!

Matt and McKay playing out in the snow.  They had to gather all the snow in the whole yard to find enough to make this snowman!
McKay and I enjoying a BYU basketball game- GO Cougars!  Logan got to stay and play with Grandma while McKay went on a date with Mom and Dad.  He did pretty well through the game as long as he could see Cosmo.  And then he kept telling us he had to go potty so he could get up and go for a walk...talk about manipulation!
As Matt & I watched the game, McKay watched Cosmo.  He got all excited when Cosmo started to come near our section and then Cosmo turned around and went back down the stairs...such a disappointment!  So we found a picture to pose with instead.
Almost every afternoon as I start dinner, McKay plays play-dough.  Elise & family gave him a set with Sesame Street characters and shapes and he LOVES it.  It has been a hit.
Don't you wish you could eat your toes?  It's Logan's favorite past-time.

 Isn't he a handsome guy?  I might be biased but they don't come much cuter!

 Playing peek-a-boo with Daddy

 Laughing at their silly Daddy.  I love the holding hands- they both love to hold hands.  It is very sweet!

funny story- So McKay is into shutting doors- let me rephrase that- slamming doors.  So hard it wakes Logan up...it is not a good phase.  Well earlier in the day McKay had been playing with the doors and I was now putting Logan down for his nap.  I got him down and was leaving the room and I just happened to turn the doorknob as I closed the door- yup he'd played with the little lock and it was locked.  Saying a silent prayer that I hadn't shut the door all the way, I hurried and unlocked the door.  When Matt called at lunch I told him how bad it would have been if I would've locked Logan in the room.  He told me it wasn't that big of a deal, the doors were a cinch to pick the locks.  To prove himself that night he locked our door and shut it...well they are not really a cinch to open we learned an hour later.  You have to take half the door apart to pick the lock!  So moral of the story- know how to do it before you lock the door on a demonstration and always check the lock before you close the door with McKay around!

Potty training...  Well, I'm not sure at what point you actually say their potty-trained but I now dare to leave the house and we rarely, if ever, have any accidents any more so I say we're doing good.  McKay picked out a little block set he wanted a while ago and it has been sitting on our fridge until he was a "big boy" and could earn it.  I finally decided the other day that he was a "Big Boy" so he got his blocks.  He's played with them ever since!  Happy Day!!

Daddy and McKay in their cougar aprons.
Happy January!! 
(yes it is 1 am, tell Logan that!)

1 comment:

Elise said...

Love it!! What a fun month! You have such cute little boys!!