Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"We're not in Kansas anymore!"

This afternoon McKay and I woke up from our nap to a loud (and I mean loud) siren blasting so the whole city could hear.  It was a severe thunderstorm warning.  We thought it was kind of weird- we've been in thunderstorms before, what's the big deal right?  Within a half an hour the wind picked up and black clouds swarmed in.  And then they started swirling.  And then it started lightening and thundering.  I seriously thought we were going to be in a tornado!  (Matt and I started trying to think where we could even go for protection.  A second story apt isn't ideal for tornados!)  Well the swirling clouds blew away and an hour later it was blue skies and beautiful again...but it sure scared us!  Here are a few pictures of the storm.
Here rolls in the storm
And the clouds begin to swirl
The dark clouds covering the city.  It was so eerie!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Wow-those are some dark clouds! You'll have to build a little tornado shelter out with the prairie dogs!

Ang said...

Scary!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everything was ok and that you're alive!! :)