Friday, September 30, 2011

Kid Talk

I've been meaning to write down some of my favorite McKay sayings for quite a while now so I better do it before I forget them!

- McKay's favorite song to sing is "Rain, Rain Go Away".  He'll walk around singing it as loud as he can half of the day.  When Logan was born McKay really struggled with the change.  He started singing:  "Baby Logan go away. Come again another day.  McKay and Mommy want to play.  Baby Logan go away."  How sad but very cute!

- McKay was trying to reach his book that was under the bed and couldn't quite reach it.  He looks at me and says, "I need a Mouse-ka-tool, Mommy.  Oh Toodles!"  I think we may watch a little too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, what do you think?!

- "Mommy I need my pants off."
"Why do you need your pants off McKay?"
"My legs can't see.  I need my legs to see."

- McKay has to act out everything we read or watch. We are on a pirate/Peter Pan kick right now so we walk the plank, swordfight, and run away from crocodiles quite frequently.  McKay will randomly run around crying, "Smee, save me!  Smee!  Smee!"  If you ask him what he's running from he'll tell you the crocodile...wouldn't it be great to have an imagination like that?!

1 comment:

The Hamblin's said...

Those are SO cute!! I love the pics below too... I think in them Logan looks more like Matt & McKay looks more like you Laura :) such a CUTE family!!