Monday, July 2, 2012

Fishing- A true story

So I thought it would be a fun family Saturday activity to go to Payson Lakes for the day, take a lunch and go fishing.  I had never been fishing and thought it sounded like fun for the boys.  Sounds good doesn't it?  Well by the time we got everything ready Saturday morning, we got off to a late start.  By the time we got to the lake everyone was hungry and ready for lunch.  We ate enjoyed lunch and then...well have you ever tried to keep a 10 month old still?  Logan wanted to crawl everywhere and eat every rock, stick, and bug in sight- I hate being dirty or having my boys be all dirty...so that was frustrating.  So I decided to take the boys to walk around the lake while Matt enjoyed a few peaceful moments fishing.  We had a good walk but as we got back McKay had to go the bathroom.  And he refused to do it in those outhouses.  The lake was filled with people so we couldn't just hide behind a tree.  He is crying he has to go the bathroom.  Logan is crying because I won't let him crawl around and eat rocks.  I am about in tears because I am sick of both of them crying.  And Matt is mad because he hasn't caught a fish yet (it didn't help that McKay kept playing and messing up his fishing pole).  Needless to say we were all onery and desperately needed to leave.  Matt loaded up the car and we all drove home- oh did I mention we had to throw out Logan's pacifier so he cried most of the way home?  Yes, I had a wonderful first fishing experience.  Matt keeps telling me I have to give it one more chance before I give it up for good but I'm not quite sure.  I took a couple pictures when we first got there but then I was to frustrated to take any more so here are our happy moments on our first (and most likely only) family fishing adventure.
Getting their poles baited

McKay digging with is fishing pole in the water...

The fisherman

Cute little guy

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

ok this made me laugh! Kids...they make everything...so...interesting!