MOUNT RUSHMORE TRIP
Laura handed the reigns over to me for this posting so I hope it turns out alright. This weekend Laura's family came to visit Mckay (and us). While they were here we took the opportunity to go and see Mount Rushmore. It was about a 4 hour drive from Casper and along the way we ran into our new favorite town, Wright Wyoming. I think that we would fit right in seeing how they named the town after us. Another reason we would fit right in is because Mckay saw the biggest vroom vroom he has ever seen and would be in heaven if he could see it everyday. The vroom vroom we saw was a humongus dump truck at the largest surface coal mine in the United States.
Mount Rushmore was amazing. I still don't know how they carved the faces into the mountain. Mckay's favorite part was climing the stairs and picking up rocks.
Mckay and Mommy
After Mount Rushmore it was off to Bear Country, a wildlife drive-thru park. just outside Rapid City.
We saw elk, wolves, mountain goats, big horn sheep, cougars, and Mckay's favorite the bears.
Mckay and Daddy at Bear Country
2 comments:
I have always wanted to see Mt Rushmore. Maybe one day we will make it there.
I can't get over how cute little Mckay is. He's growing up fast!
What a fun weekend! You guys were busy! Mt Rushmore looks really cool. The wildlife thing sounds fun! Did you really see all those animals? We might have to make a trip out there!
Post a Comment