Friday, October 22, 2010

Rowley Retreat

Last weekend we went to the Rowley Retreat at this cabin in Altamount, Utah.  It was a LONG drive but it was worth it.  The cabin had something for everyone- pool, volleyball, skeet shooting, rock wall, and more.  McKay wanted to ignore everyone and just play in the dirt- he's not really into socializing in big groups...  Matt had to do homework the whole time but did get to come out and eat occasionally.  We had beautiful weather and just enjoyed being together with all the family.

This is where Matt spent most of his time...

McKay, Makaiya (I know I probably spelled that wrong Jamie- sorry!), and Andrew were all content to play in the sand the whole weekend.

Relaxing...

Our family

My mom was trying to teach McKay how to wiggle your nose like a bunny- it was hilarious to watch them!

Grandma Margaret sent McKay this pumpkin- He loves it! 
-He sits on it and rides it like a horse. 
-Matt put it outside at first and when we brought it in it was cold.  So McKay pulled the blanket off the couch and was trying to warm up the "Pumpy". 
-The other day he hauled his pillow over, laid down next to it, and put is arm around it ready to take his nap.

2 comments:

Elise said...

"Pumpy"-I love it!! Isn't it fun what they get attached to? Wow-that was a big cabin. Looks like tons of fun...maybe we'll make it next year??? We sure miss you guys!

The Hamblin's said...

I'm sad we missed it too! I heard it was a blast! It looks like a way fun place! I love pumpy :) what a cutie!