Monday, January 31, 2011

January Adventures

I've decided January is kind of a "blah" month...All the Christmas hype is over and it is just COLD and SNOWY.  We've been busy but I'm not quite sure with what so here are a few pictures of our happenings the past month.

 McKay loves to read stories!  He would rather read a book than do just about anything else!  I tend this little boy from our ward 3 days a week and McKay will just sit by him and read him book after book- it is really sweet!

Watch out!  McKay and Daddy play ball or cars just about every night.  They're all boy!


Last weekend we had two days where it was like 40 degrees and the wind wasn't blowing- AMAZING!  It was so nice that we went to the park and played.  McKay was in heaven!

 Don't worry- our good weather is long gone now.  It snowed the next day and our high for the next week is in the single digits.  McKay saw it snowed, grabbed his shovel and begged me to "open door".  So I bundled him up and sent him out to play on our porch.  Matt came out and asked if I was crazy- he said it is -4 degrees without wind chill and our little boy shouldn't be outside in that temperature.  It didn't phase McKay- he is all smiles when he is outside!

A sewing update... Here are the curtains I finished this weekend.  Tip for next project:  Make sure you measure EXACTLY before you start the project...  I got them almost done and held up the two sides and realized they were almost an inch off in length- Oops.  So a little more hemming and sewing later- they match perfect!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

glad you updated! I love your blinds. They turned out really cute. I should have got you material to make me a table cloth instead of buying it. Mine is almost that same color of green. WE must have good taste.

Elise said...

So cute! I really wish we were closer so we could sew together. It's killing me! I love how you sent McKay outside in -4degrees! That's great! We have freezing rain right now at our house...Happy February!

The Hamblin's said...

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right? Did you tell Matt that? Haha just kidding, that cute story made me laugh! Your curtains are SO cute! Look at you :)

Ang said...

McKay is as cute as ever. I love your sewing projects. i have an urge to want to try sewing myself!