We are alive...sometimes it just takes me a while to update. Matt has been traveling around the state doing Clinical Experiences for school- he's looking forward to Spring Break next week to relax. McKay and I went to Utah for a week while he was out of town and now we're back in our winter wonderland...yes it is snowing and -4 degrees outside- depressing huh?
Funny story: On our car trip back to Utah (7-8 hours depending on how many stops we have to make) we stopped at a gas station to stretch. There were slushy machines and I pointed to them and said, "Look McKay there is a red drink, a blue drink, and a green drink." He looks up at me grins and starts clapping, "Good job Mommy!" I guess its good to know your colors at any age!
McKay is obessesed with water...doing the dishes, taking a bath, jumping in the mud puddles, throwing rocks in puddles, playing the toilet (yes it is not good!)....you get the picture. Anytime you ask him what he wants to do the answer always has to do with water. Right now we are on a Peter Pan kick at our house because Captain Hook falls into the water with a crocodile!
My camera is dying a slow death. The battery dies faster than ever and it takes forever to take a picture so I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately but here are a few...
My Cowboy! He pulled these boots off his shelf, asked to put them on, then went and got his horse. He ran around saying "Yee-haw!" It was so cute- I couldn't resist it.
Our prairie dogs are disappearing. I looked out last week and there was a huge bird going at them by the time I found my camera it was gone but then the next day I saw it again- a Golden Eagle. This time it was closer and digging around with his beak for lunch. It wasn't long before he found it... Luckily I haven't seen him since- I am kind of attached to my Prairie Dogs!
When we were back in Utah, we visited Matt's Grandparents. Matt's Grandma used to be a librarian and is a good storyteller. McKay sat and listened intently most of the evening. He wanted to read stories with Great-Grandma more than play with toys.
Well that's all for now...sorry it's so wordy and not so many pictures. I'll try to do better!
8 months ago
2 comments:
Your little cowboy is so cute! I love his cute cowboy boots! Way to go on knowing your colors Laura, that is way too funny!! You'll have to get mom to post some more of your Utah adventures.
That is so cute, I love the slushy story :)
Post a Comment