Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fort, Liahona, Waterfall...

Here are a few of our latest adventures...

McKay found this pink pincushion at my in-laws and insisted on keeping it.  When I asked him what it was he told me it was a Liahona.  He carries it around and wants to sleep with it at night.  (His favorite scripture story is Nephi.)  He was sitting on the couch so cute talking to it when I told him to smile for a picture.  He smiled but wouldn't look at the camera.  Oh well.

Building forts with Daddy is a new favorite at our house.  I offered to build one with him the other day while at was at school but he told me "No, Only Daddy do it."  I guess it must be a boy thing.

 CHEESE- We had a crazy storm the other night and I was trying to take pictures of the storm while McKay was clinging to me saying "Cheese Mommy!  CHEESE!" and getting louder and louder until I took a picture of him.  None of my storm pictures really turned out but McKay's sure did!

 We hiked up to this waterfall.  McKay and Matt were in heaven- like father like son, throwing rocks.
 McKay was too busy throwing rocks to pose for pictures...

Last but not least, my project over the past months is finally done- Baby Blanket!  It took a lot longer than I anticipated but I finished it and am proud of it.  The baby won't be allowed to use it though because it took way too much work just to be spit up on :-)  just kidding.

4 comments:

Elise said...

Your blanket is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have got to learn how to make those kind! I agree-no baby allowed to use it because it will get dirty! I love McKay's "liahona". You're doing something right!

Marisa said...

Your blanket turned out so good! You could make me a big one for my bed if you feel the urge!

Anonymous said...

Cute blanket! I miss you guys alot and I hope that you're doing well!

Tyson & Erin said...

Your blanket looks great! Looks like you guys are have been having some fun!