Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day & Birthday Weekend

 Matt took Memorial Day off and we spent the day together as a family.  It was great to spend a day just hanging out together!  We thought about going out for a picnic but it wasn't the greatest weather so we went for a ride instead.  The local resevoirs are literally overflowing this spring with all the rain we've had so we drove out to see one- it was an impressive sight to say the least!  Water was just rushing over the wall creating a HUGE waterfall.

Notice the jackets- I wish I would've had a coat on.  It was cold!!  Not to mention they reported wind gusts at 90 miles an hour...  You gotta love Windy Wyoming!

Well Spring finally decided to come!  It arrived for my birthday- what a great present huh?  McKay and I spent the day soaking up the sun and enjoying being outdoors.  It was a great day!  Matt even got home early and made me dinner.

My boys gave me a much needed updated photo album.

For Elise:
Thanks for the shoes guys!!  Happy Birthday to me!

McKay was being mysteriously quite yesterday (usually never a good sign) so I went to find out what he was up to.  I found him "reading all my Kay's self".  It was so sweet.  He was talking and telling the story as he turned the pages.  He is growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Elise said...

It does look pretty cold in those water pictures! Happy Birthday to you! I love the shoes-way to go! McKay is so adorable, and reading all by himself. Wow!!

The Hamblin's said...

So cute! Happy late birthday!!