Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rolling, Sitting, & More

Maybe someday I'll have a baby who is just content to be a baby, but so far both of mine have wanted to go from day one.  Logan is 3 1/2 months old now and getting pretty good at rolling and is almost mastered sitting up.  He can hold his own for a bit but is still so wobbly I don't dare walk away yet- plus McKay would love to tackle him if I gave him the oppurtunity!  It is fun to watch him grow and start to realize everything that is going on around him.  He LOVES McKay and watches his every move--I'm not quite sure if that is a good thing or not.  A wild crazy 2-year old boy isn't exactly an ideal role model sometimes...  McKay is as busy as ever and keeps me laughing (and sometimes frustrated) all day long.  He is so much fun right now and curious about everything.  He asks me questions all day long!

 Some days it can be dangerous to try to take a shower...Logan screams and McKay reaks havoc.  One morning, I come out of the bathroom to see McKay had emptied his bookcase on the table.  I tried not to get mad and asked what he was doing.  "I need to read these.  I didn't put them on the floor Mommy."  As if that was so much better!  I thought it was kind of cute at first that he needed to read them but now he thinks this is fun to do everytime Mommy showers- it got old fast!  But he does love to "read".  And since we read so much, he has some of his book basically memorized so he can "read"!

 Look at that baby belly!  He is a chunky little guy!

 Rolling off his blanket!

Happy Thanksgiving with the cousins

Sitting!!!!  Yes he is surrounded by pillows because he is so wobbly and topples very quickly but he is able to hold himself a little longer every day.  If I lay him flat he tries to sit up- he doesn't want to just lay and wiggle; he wants to be upright in the action.

Sitting under the Christmas tree

 We are in an art phase at our house.  We color every afternoon so I bought some play dough to try to brake it up- it was a hit!  I think Santa may need to bring us some more colors- ours is in high demand!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Wow-Logan is trying to grow up WAY TOO FAST!! I can't believe that cute picture of him under the Christmas tree-he's sitting up! I love the books all over the room-it must be in the blood because that is Joshua's favorite thing to do. What fun boys!

Chad and Catherine said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe Logan is already sitting!

MarsieMae said...

Logan is really growing well. He looks so healthy and happy. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!