Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Birthday!

McKay is 3 years old!!  Wow!  He is so much fun.  McKay is always happy and always talking or singing.  There is never a dull moment with McKay around.  He is go-go-go from 8 am to 8 pm- literally!  He loves being outdoors- throwing rocks, digging for worms, running wild, or playing in the water.  He loves playing cars and reading stories.  McKay wants to learn so much and asks questions all day long.  He is such a fun and special boy.  We love having him part of our family.  We love you McKay. 

So we like to stretch out the birthday celebration...here's the birthday highlights!  (who wants just one party when you can have 4?)  ...so these were in a great order until blogger froze and I had to redo everything...anyone else frustrated with blogger lately?!  Take two.  it better work this time.

Happy Logan!  He officially discovered my tupperware drawer and now thinks it is great fun to make messes in.  He is so busy and crawling into everthing!

McKay wanted to "do balloons" for his birthday.  So we blew up regular balloons for inside and water balloons outside.  He had a blast with his cousins!

Watch out Lizzie!  It's a balloon pillow fight!

And now for the water balloons!  It was over 80 degrees for his birthday!  Heat wave!!  We soaked it up!

Logan and Aunt Amanda watching the water balloon fight

McKay wanted ice cream sandwiches for his dessert and I was all for it.  I didn't even have to make a cake!!!

Opening his new t-ball set from Gma & Gpa Wright

Loving his "Daddy Chippies" from Aunt Amanda and cousins

McKay wanted to play at the park for his birthday so we had Kyler meet us there and they had a blast soaking each other from head to toe.  The playgrounds weren't a hit but the river to throw rocks in and the drinking fountain were!

I can't get over how much alike these two look!  They act so much the same too...I guess it's good they're friends!

Laughing in the water with Kyler

Growing up Matt always had a treasure hunt to find his birthday presents, so Matt has continued that for us.  McKay had a blast and keeps asking when we are going to go on a treasure hunt for presents again!  Here he is opening Zurg (from Toy Story 2).  He now reinacts Buzz and Zurg falling down the elevator all day long!

Happy 3 year old!

April Birthday Boys!  My parents took McKay birthday shopping and he picked out a tractor.  He has it out in the sandbox and is trying to figure out the scooper/dumper.  He makes the sound effects as he goes- it is pretty entertaining.  Picture pending...

Both McKay and Logan love cuddling up with us to sleep- we've spoiled them... so here they are cuddled together, arms entangled, sleeping.  It was so sweet!

Happy 3rd Birthday McKay!  We love you!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I just got caught up on the blog! I love that the boys are becoming better friends! Happy Birthday - isn't it crazy that we have 3 year olds!! Where does the time go?

Elise said...

Super cute!! Happy Birthday McKay! Looks like he had fun celebrating. You have some handsome little guys. I am excited to meet Zurg. He will be a big hit with my kiddos I am sure.