Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthday & Easter Festivities

We had a wonderful weekend with lots of family, food, and fun.  It was McKay's birthday so the grandparents and aunts came up to help us celebrate.  We had an Easter Egg Hunt, went swimming, played at the park, took naps, and just had fun together.  McKay was royally spoiled as 9 adults helped him find his 10 Easter Eggs!  He had a host of cameras shooting him and he lived it up!  He loved having new people to swordfight and play catch with (I loved having a break too!).  We are so blessed to have such great family.  Thanks for making the LONG and BORING trek to Wyoming to celebrate with us.  Now for the picture overload...

 It is a good thing he was the only kid on this Easter Egg hunt- at each egg he found he had to tell everyone the color, open the egg, and then tell everyone the color of the candy inside.  Only then would he consider moving on to find another egg.  It wasn't a speedy process!
The traditional Rowley Brown Bag Hunt came to Wyoming too.  We're glad the prairie dogs didn't get the bags first!

McKay wanted to show everyone HIS park and how to go down the "beanstalk" (slide) while calling "Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum".  He has quite the imagination.  His aunts having fun playing on the playground.

 Grandma even tried out the playground!

All the family- Thanks everyone for coming up!

McKay and Aunt Katelyn

Curious George!  He opened this present and got the biggest grin on his face- his very own Curious George!

McKay making silly faces for his faithful audience

For his birthday dessert I wanted to do something fun but McKay is such a picky eater I had to work with foods I knew he liked and would eat...so I came up with dirt- a little boy's classic:  Pudding, oreo cookie crumbs, and gummy worms.  He loved it!

Riding the new trike!

Happy Easter!

 McKay's wall of cards!  He is a very loved boy.  All week long he got at least one birthday card from cousins or great-grandparents.  He would get so excited to get "McKay's Mail".  Thanks everyone who sent fun cards!

The proud 2-year old!  McKay has mastered crawling out of his crib so we had to turn it into a bed.  He has done pretty good so far and is very proud of his "big boy bed".  He has been telling me all day, "Mommy, Kay a big boy."  Time goes by too fast!

We hope you all had a Happy Easter Weekend!  Now back to regular life again...

3 comments:

Elise said...

Oh so cute!! I am so glad you took lots of pictures, I feel like I was there! That was a great idea-doing dirt for the birthday cake. Maybe I'll try that next year. Happy Birthday McKay! We love you!!

Britt said...

Very cute!

Katelyn said...

Thanks for the fun weekend! I love all the pictures! :D