Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Running Water!

All I want for Valentines is...RUNNING WATER!!  Well you see we had record low temperatures this winter...and our water pipes froze.  They froze the middle of January and my amazing uncles rigged up a hose from a hydrant in the orchard to pump water into our house- it wasn't ideal but at least we had running water until the pipes defrosted.  Well, February 13 was the lucky defrost day and we no longer had any water (hoses included).  The pipe defrosted and broke in the process.  So Valentines Day my wonderful uncles (can I say how great they are?) took the day to dig up our water lines, fix the break, cut out the frozen pipe, and put it all back together.  Matt was able to get part of the day off to help- and by 9 pm on Valentines, my water was back on and I could finally take a shower!  You never know how much you use water until you don't have it!  It was definately an Emergency Prepardness experience for us.  We are so grateful for indoor plumbing and our family who drop everything to help out in any way.
 
The culprit of it all- frozen pipe

Turn your head sideways and you'll see my Uncle Curtis up to his ankles in a muddy pit trying to put our pipes back together...Thanks again!

And it wouldn't be Valentines without a rose from my dad.  I love you Dad.  Thanks for all you do- even sending me a rose from Peru!

No comments: